Travel insurance provider battleface announced the launch of an all-new flexible travel insurance product in the Canadian market. This is part of its global expansion and a new partnership with Hunter McCorquodale.
As an avid traveller, there are some things that I cannot recommend enough and travel insurance is one of them! A single, seemingly menial accident can not only ruin your vacation but also drain your bank account. With all of the flexible travel insurance options out there, there’s no reason not to be covered.
battleface breaks into the Canadian travel insurance market with a brand-new product in partnership with Hunter McCorquodale.
Benefits of battleface’s flexible travel insurance for Canadians:
- Travellers can purchase insurance having already departed Canada
- COVID-19 medical expenses and quarantine cover
- Winter ski add-on for unexpected encounters on the slopes
- For returning Canadian expats and digital nomads, travellers can purchase battleface’s products while waiting for the reinstatement of Government Health Insurance Plan coverage
- battleface products are offered in over 185 countries worldwide
This flexible travel insurance allows travellers to build a comprehensive, affordable travel medical insurance policy for single trips, both domestically and internationally, based on their travel needs and preferences.
You can even purchase a policy while you’re travelling! This is great news for anyone who is forgetful or winds up on a last-minute trip. I personally love this feature!
Who is battleface flexible travel insurance for?
This product is ideal for leisure, adventure, business, contractors, volunteers, freelancers and NGO travellers looking for a fast single-trip policy. It is also ideal for business and group travel.
battleface CEO Sasha Gainullin says: “We are excited to be launching in Canada, bringing products that support travellers at every stage of their journey. battleface products are designed specifically with the modern traveller in mind, providing affordable and accessible protection for both domestic and international vacations.”
Sophie Strezos-Egnatis, President, Hunter McCorquodale comments, “We are pleased to partner with battleface to bring this leading-edge, tech-driven product to the Canadian traveller. The battleface offering is in keeping with our own mandate of bringing relevant products to the Canadian insurance landscape. We look forward to continuing our journey of innovation together with such a leading-edge travel insurance disruptor.”
What does battleface insurance cover?
In addition to trip interruption and trip cancellation, medical expenses and emergencies, some product features include:
- Purchase your policy while travelling, no need to worry about getting the insurance policy in place prior to travel
- Skiers heading off on a ski holiday can insure their ski equipment to minimize trip interruptions in the event of a baggage delay
- COVID-19 medical expenses and quarantine coverage for all travellers up to 75 years old
- Out-of-province coverage for medical expenses that may not be covered while travelling domestically
- Pricing is based on age, destination and duration of your trip with per-day pricing
- Coverage for areas deemed “Avoid non-essential travel” and “Avoid all travel,” is an option which may not be possible for all travellers, particularly NGOs
- Maximum trip length of 365 days
Standard battleface flexible travel insurance coverage includes protection against Trip Cancellation up to CAD $20,000 per person, Medical and Emergency Expenses up to CAD $5,000,000 and Personal Liability up to CAD $500,000.
Customers will also have access to battleface’s 24/7 tech and customer service support. This is another great feature I love. Customer service support is everything when an accident happens.
Is travel insurance necessary?
Still not sure if you should buy travel insurance? If you are going on an International trip, a very expensive trip, or one where you will be participating in adventurous activities, the answer is a resounding yes! It is always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to paying for expensive medical bills in another country.
With flight delays and lost baggage claims at an all-time high, it’s definitely a good idea to make sure you’re covered. In the event that your suitcase doesn’t make it on your vacation with you, you’ll be able to purchase necessities.
battleface medical and travel insurance policies are underwritten by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation. For more details about battleface, to receive a quote or purchase a policy, visit https://www.battleface.com/en-ca/.
battleface, Inc. is a full-stack global company enabling customers and partners to easily select travel insurance products and services that perfectly fit their needs. Access to custom-built embedded products, relevant benefits and responsive customer service from any device, any time, any place – welcome to a better insurance experience. Welcome to battleface!
Related post you may enjoy if you’re planning a solo trip – How to plan the perfect solo trip. It’s full of tips for first-time solo travellers.