A special spring break getaway the Grenadian way
Spring break is right around the corner. What better way to celebrate than planning your dream getaway vacation to the unspoiled tri-island state of Grenada in the Caribbean? If you are looking for a spring break without crowds, look no further than Grenada.
According to the latest data from Expedia experts, March and April demand for international destinations is up double-digits compared to last year. Without the COVID-19 testing requirements of Spring Break 2022, this year, Grenada invites travellers to escape large spring break crowds. Simply kick back and relax for an ultimate spring getaway.
Spring break without crowds
Known as the Spice Isle of the Caribbean, travellers are welcome to explore the destination’s 75 miles of coastline, 40 white sand beaches, 15 breathtaking waterfalls and a charming selection of luxury boutique hotels and villas.
Grenada is also the world’s first culinary capital. It offers a wide variety of world-class cuisine infused with locally grown spices. It also boasts a chocolate factory, yes, please! Grenada is truly a hidden gem. It’s a great place to enjoy spring break without the crowds you’ll find at other more popular and touristy destinations.
Connectivity to the destination is now easier than ever. From Canada, Air Canada has two direct flights to the destination on Sundays and Thursdays. Sunwing offers a flight on Sundays.
For United States travellers, JetBlue offers daily nonstop service from New York. American Airlines offers a daily nonstop flight from Miami, along with a seasonal weekly connecting flight from Charlotte on Saturdays.
Travellers flying into Grenada during the spring season can look forward to experiencing major events including Grenada vs US Football Match on March 24, Grenada Chocolate Festival running from May 16-21, and Grenada Dive and Conservation Festival from May 29 – June 5, to name a few.
For a full list of calendar events happening on the island this year, visit the Pure Grenada events page.
Best places to stay in Grenada in the Caribbean
Below is a roundup of the hotels offering spring packages for travellers so they can enjoy spring break without crowds:
- Mount Hartman Bay Estate Private Resort is an all-inclusive, 5-star luxury resort set on a private peninsula, offering fully staffed accommodation for groups between 8 and 50 people. The luxurious resort hosts a team of award-winning chefs, and butlers, 3 private swimming pools (including a 95-foot pool with a swim-up bar), private beaches, a hot tub and cool spa, and a 185-foot private dock and watersports center. This spring, Mount Hartman is hosting a Stay Longer package that includes a 7-night stay for the price of 5 nights. Bookings are valid from March 5 – June 30.
- Nestled in Grenada’s south coast is the family-owned and operated True Blue Bay Boutique Resort. This award-winning eco-friendly resort is giving 20% off when booking directly on its website. An intimate 70-room resort is ideal for enjoying spring break without crowds. They boast a mix of amenities such as four pools, playgrounds for the kids, complimentary water sports including Hobie-cat and paddle boarding, free beach transfers and more. The resort also offers specially curated True Blue Experiences such as the Grenada Cooking-Culture Experience, the Grenadian Rum Shop Experience, the Grenadian Chocolate Experience and more. Bookings are available until March 31, 2023, for travel dates between April 15 – July 31.
- Spice Island Beach Resort is a AAA Five Diamond Award recipient, known as a titan of Caribbean hospitality, and is offering a 2023 Easter Package this spring season. Spice Island’s suites are private luxury havens. They’re designed with stylish furnishings, refined colour palettes, private plunge pools and open-air garden terraces. This Easter package includes 14% off rates for all room accommodation as well as a free all-inclusive package for up to two children ages 5-11. This offer is contingent on a minimum stay of 7 nights. Bookings and travel dates are valid from now until April 30.
3 more amazing places to stay in Grenada in the Caribbean
- Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, an award-winning, Relais & Châteaux luxury boutique hotel, delivers unparalleled guest experiences and luxurious accommodations. This upcoming season, Calabash is offering a Spring (March-April) package that includes a complimentary suite upgrade and $250 resort credit with a minimum booking of a 4-night stay. Revel in relaxation as you explore this tranquil Caribbean paradise. Indulge yourself in delectable, culinary delights and escape on the sweetest of island adventures.
- Little Palace Bed and Breakfast is located close to Grand Anse Beach. It is outfitted with all the necessary amenities to make this your home away from home. This season, Little Palace BnB is offering a special Group Package for a 7-night stay starting at $1,986 per person. The package includes complimentary airport transfers, breakfast every morning, 4 sightseeing tours, 4 dinners and even a visit to the island of Carriacou. Receive $150 off when booking between now and April 15.
- Hideaway Waterfront Apartments, a hidden gem on the northern end of Grand Anse Beach, is offering a Spring Break Package which includes 15% off 2-bedroom waterfront apartments. The property offers stunning panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea for a relaxing holiday. It also provides a central location to explore the island to the fullest. Enjoy your own private beach access when booking now until March 15. It doesn’t get much better than a private beach for enjoying spring break without crowds! Valid travel dates are March 25 – June 10.
Is Grenada a good place to vacation?
Yes, absolutely! Pure Grenada, the Spice of the Caribbean, is a hidden gem with unspoiled beauty. It offers a lifestyle so pure and authentic that you will feel instantly renewed. It is the ideal vacation spot to enjoy spring break without crowds.
Famed for its aromatic spices and organic chocolate, the tri-island destination of Grenada, Carriacou, and Petite Martinique is located in the eastern Caribbean just south of Barbados.
The Pure Grenada experience amplified by the “Pure Safe Travel” initiative, beckons visitors to its 40 white sandy beaches including the world-famous Grand Anse Beach, 15 breathtaking waterfalls, six chocolate factories, three rum distilleries, and more than 30 unforgettable dive sites, including the largest shipwreck in the Caribbean ‘Bianca C’ and the World’s First Underwater Sculpture Park.
Grenada was also named the world’s first ‘Culinary Capital’ by the World Food & Travel Association (WFTA). The World Travel & Tourism Council “Safe Travels” approved destination is committed to protecting your health and safety while allowing you to tailor a beyond-the-ordinary experience of a lifetime.
For more information about Grenada and the experiences it offers, and to help plan your trip, visit their tourism board website https://www.puregrenada.com/. If you’re looking for additional ideas on how to escape the crowds this spring break, check out these sailing trips.
Related posts you may also enjoy:
- 10 awesome all-inclusive resort hacks for your next vacation.
- Atlantis Bahamas Review – Is it worth it?
- Swimming with the pigs in the Bahamas – What you need to know.